About Brookside Psychologists
Brookside Psychologists is a thriving private psychology practice providing counselling, psychotherapy, psychological assessment, and neuropsychological assessment services to children, adolescents, adults, and seniors. We have offices in Burlington, St. Catharines, and Owen Sound. We are currently seeking a Clinical Psychologist to complete assessments and treatment at least 3 days/week.
We offer a supportive working and learning environment at our practice, offering training, workshops, and collaborative team meetings. We offer a balance of work and lifestyle including flexible work hours, administrative support staff, a healthy work environment, and engaging colleagues. Hours are flexible: daytime, evening, and/or weekend hours are available.
Our Commitment to creating a Diversity- Positive Space: Our office is a place where human rights and diversity are respected. We understand that each client, clinician, and staff member is unique and presents with complex identifies in terms of ancestry, family status, dis/abiilities, socioeconomic status, sex, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation.
- Clinical Psychologist, at least 3 days per week
- Burlington or Owen Sound
- Provision of individual psychotherapy services to children, teens, adults, and/or seniors presenting with a range of issues, including brain injury, depression, anxiety disorders, trauma, chronic pain, and work and relationship issues.
- Assessment with regard to diagnosis, treatment needs, and functional limitations. Report writing.
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Opportunities to provide group therapy, educational workshops, supervision, and other clinical services are also possible for those interested.
- Registration as an autonomous Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Training, experience, and competency working with a wide range of clinical conditions and clients.
- Awareness, sensitivity and skills in working professionally with diverse individuals, groups and communities who represent various cultural and personal background and characteristics.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication; independent and advanced report writing skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated, professional, consistent approach.
- Proficiency in French and other languages would be considered an asset.
- Competence in assessment – Able to independently select and administer a variety of assessment tools and integrate results into a well-written report.
- Experience or specialized training working with LGBTIQ clients, First Nations, Veterans, and Emergency Responders (police, EMS) is an asset.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you might be interested in joining our team. We would be happy to speak to you!